Android is better than iOS, compare mobile OS
With each new release the two most popular mobile platforms increasingly resemble each other. Easy borrowing and creative recycling achievements rival have not confused neither Google nor Apple. Nevertheless, and the operating system iOS, and Android also a large number of ardent supporters, many of which, however, will not be able to call the advantages of “their” OS.
You should try to find out what an OS is fundamentally better than another. Consider the features of Android and iOS, the advantages and disadvantages of specific devices leave behind. Today all the attention “Apple” operating system. What it stands out from Android? If it has the arguments to attract the supporters of the “green robot”?
1. App Store. As if Google tried to catch up with Apple in the number of quality apps, while App Store remains the most pleasant software catalog. It is not that iOS has more apps — the number of mobile catalog on the contrary Apple is lagging behind Google. We are talking about the quality of the store in General and software in particular.
Apple strictly checks the content that the developers want to place in the online store. Thanks to this App Store there is a wild amount of “garbage” and openly malicious programs. Almost all mobile viruses today have an apartment on your Android gadgets. Of course, not all of them are distributed through Google Play, but this is a question for most distribution system applications in different OS.
In addition, it just so happened that a similar program for iOS and Android may differ significantly in quality. With this problem experienced by the majority of owners of Android-devices. On top of many of the program primarily go for iOS.
No matter how proponents defend Google for its mobile platform, the fact remains: if you need the latest programs, the most functional, stable, and convenient, iOS still out of competition.
2. Convenience and ease of development. Seasoned owners of Android phones convinced that nothing simply “harvesters” running “green robot” no. Like, who could not five minutes to deal with him, the fool. Maybe so, but from reality can not escape — children and the elderly easier to understand the structure of the iOS menu than to dig in the wilds of Android.
One hardware button and no home, context menu and other. No you extra keys, return to step backward or, God forbid, a menu with additional functions. For advanced user all of these arguments are unlikely to be relevant, but for those who only begins to master smartphones, familiarity with the brainchild of Apple is easier and faster.
However, there is one “but”. As the convergence of the two systems learn from each other, both positive and negative traits. The latest version of iOS “pleased” users number of errors, complicated configuration and unstable work. The simplification of the Android interface is solved by using third-party shells. However, while ease of development out of the box platform from Apple is superior to the competitor.
3. Support for new OS versions. Significant and one of the most important advantages of iOS is that the new version of the OS you can put even on smart phones that came out three or four years ago. A luxury for the Android!
Even the Nexus line, for which updates are released expeditiously, can not boast such a long support. To say nothing of the countless manufacturers, including top vendors who do not hurry to translate the budget and the flagship model to the latest version of the OS.
Currently on iOS 10 has about 80% of all active IOS devices. On iOS 9 it remains only 16% of devices and only 5% are using earlier versions of this platform.
Compare with the mess in the camp of Android. A little less than 8 months since the release of the current version of Nougat, a less than 5% of smartphones and tablets. Previous Marshmallow are 31% of users and even more ancient Lollipop. Every tenth device is still hobbling on Jelly Bean sample as many as 2012 (iPhone 5).
4. The lack of extra software titles. Three browsers, two third-party application store, anti-virus, disabled support, a few useless “e-readers”, some of the many Office subscription for 10 days, five primitive games, clients Chinese social networks and mandatory program to clear memory. This whole bunch of useless and often hard-to-remove junk long been an inherent part of many tablets and smartphones on Android, particularly the budget and medium segments.
Some manufacturers like trying to compensate for the lack of own shell scoring drive devices insane amount of “junk” software. In the iOS — only the necessary minimum of applications, excess can be easily removed from the desktop. For everyone else, welcome to the App Store. And rightly so. Let the user decide what to do with the free space of internal memory, and not shovel the forums and the file disintegrated to obtain root-rights.
5. Software “Goodies”. Despite the mutual borrowing while in the Arsenal of iOS and Android remain functional benefits. The same features of 3D Touch, allowing you to literally one click to call a favourite contact or add the photo to Instagram or Facebook — a very handy thing.
Signs of extremely useful functions Continuity can be found in Android, but while Apple has most successfully implemented the possibility of continuing to work in the programs when switching from iOS devices to computer and Vice versa. All the testing capabilities in OS last generations. Began to write a letter on a Mac? We can add it on the iPhone somewhere down the road. And it concerns not only email, but also other built — in apps- Safari, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, “Maps”, “Reminders” and “Calendar”. You can receive calls on your iPad even if your iPhone is lying somewhere in the other room. To send and receive SMS is also possible using a tablet or computer.
AirDrop allows Apple users to share content with a few taps. A sort of analogue of the Bluetooth connection, only simplified, with higher speed and without much fuss searches, entering passwords and other indecencies.
With AirPlay you can stream content from one iOS device to another. Again, it works in a few taps, without third-party apps and dancings with a tambourine around DLNA-compatible devices.
Of course, all of the above in this paragraph in some extent feasible and in Android. However, it will have a lot of trouble with the setup, third party programs and utilities to spend a lot of time and effort. And not the fact that the end result is something functional.