How to get rid of cough at home: 5 tips
Photo: Anita Hart
With the onset of winter, many are faced with such a nuisance as a cough. The cough is not a disease but only a symptom of impending diseases of the respiratory organs.
Do not start the disease and try to get rid of the cough, otherwise it is possible to earn complications – pneumonia, pleurisy, and other troubles.
- At the first appearance of acute dry cough drink plenty of fluids. Better if it is warm tea with honey and lemon, and honey is better not to dissolve in the drink, and drink tea.
- Dry cough effective medicinal teas of plantain, chamomile, fennel, mother and stepmother and oregano. Moreover, you can brew these herbs, individually and in the form of collecting.
- Excellent effect on dry cough warming procedure. Inhalation, mustard or oil-honey wrap, held at night, great warm up lungs, bronchi and trachea, improve blood circulation. Well in this case to relax in the Russian sauna. Just keep in mind that all warming treatments in any case can not be done at elevated temperature!
- When razderishin dry cough should pay attention to the throat because coughing causes irritation. The best way – the herbal rinse with calendula, mint, sage or eucalyptus. The rinse will be effective, if done this procedure at least 6 times a day.
- With proper treatment after a while a dry cough passes into the wet (productive) cough. This means that the healing process has begun and the body needs to aid in the release of mucus. During this period, it is better to consume foods with expectorant action: a decoction of marshmallow root, ginger tea or licorice root.
It should be remembered that prolonged cough and deteriorating health should contact a doctor, who will make the diagnosis and prescribe treatment.