How to make a crossbow at home: a guide, algorithm, tips
You are interested in medieval culture? Want a fashion accessory to impress your friends with an exclusive souvenir? Decided to make an extraordinary gift to a loved one? Then you may make your own home a great crossbow! It is this kind of sporting arms now dramatically gaining popularity and people are happy to buy it for myself as a souvenir, eye-catching design element. Why need a bow, what to do with it? Here are just a few of the most common ways to use the crossbow.
- A great solution is to use the crossbow on the range. Here is what a lover of archery: “it is Possible to organize competitions in marksmanship with friends, happy to shoot at targets, organize role-playing game. Onions are always handy for this hobby, will help to develop attentiveness, ability to concentrate, react quickly”.
- Now increasingly used crossbows for hunting. Enough to charge in like this bow an arrow and shoot straight to become a happy owner of partridges, hare.
- Popular crossbows and sporting weapons. There are professional athletes that regularly take part in competitions, practice and practice. They also often make bows with his hands.
- Onion can make the Central detail of the interior. Designers celebrate its universality: “the Crossbow looks amazing in any room. In the hallway he has a particularly menacing look, greeting everyone who comes into the house. In the hall he emphasizes the solemnity, focuses on the character of the owners. In the bedroom bow hints at the passionate relationship, the power of love. In the kitchen, the crossbow is quite possible to hang next to the picture devoted to the hunt, which depicts the game”.
- Increasingly, people are becoming, make with their own hands the crossbow to please their acquaintances, friends, colleagues unusual gift. This souvenir will be surprisingly original, will be useful and cause vivid emotions. Particularly appropriate to present a gift to the man.
Now that you know how useful a bow, as it can be used in different ways, it’s time to learn the basic principles of its manufacture. How to make a crossbow at home, what you need to know that he looked good, he could shoot, could be a worthy weapon, souvenir, and accessory? Find out very soon. You will help the algorithm useful recommendations.
Make a crossbow with their hands
You need to pick up the wood. You can’t take conifers, too old, dried up branches. The crossbow consists of three main elements. You need to produce high-quality trigger mechanism, the Lodge and the arc. Act strictly according to the algorithm, do not confuse the steps. You will succeed!
- You need to make an arc. It is advisable to take her to yew, hazel or ash. The Board should be smooth, without knots and kosola. Make the thickness approximately 2 see the Piece of wood to be dried, to endure a few days, and then exactly trim. The arc length is approximately 75 cm, the width can be done about 4 cm, to the edges of the arc should gradually become subtle. The thickness of the edges – 1.5 cm.
- Now you will need to make a bed. For it will be useful hardwoods, pretty solid. Take a Board of this size, the shape, making it comfortable to hold in hands. Remember that one edge needs to make a special slot where to place the arc.
- It’s time to process the groove for the arc. You need to make a hole for fastening a rope at a distance of ten inches from a slotted groove for the arc. Now insert the arc into the groove, and then fix it there with a rope. Now attach to the ends of the arc of the string, using made the cuts. Pull the string, how will you do it during the shooting. You need to set the point, which is the most remote. Now define the optimal size of the crossbow – he should be equal to your arm length.
- Responsible task – the production of a trigger for your bow. Used to do the pin type locks. You have to familiarize yourself with the distinctive features of such a mechanism. When you have already made a mark on the location of the maximum string tension, you need to drill a hole there through. Cross-recess need to be done in bed, in the upper part. Then clamp the lever at the bottom of the crossbow. Most often, the axis made of wood, and attach it with wire.
- Now the bed and the lever should be put together. Secure items with rope. The lever should move on the axle with minimal friction.
- Now you need to make a small pin, through which will be pushed from the bow string. The pin should be round, it is better to make of oak. The pin will be held in the recess of the castle freely, without getting stuck because of the attachment. When the lever is raised, the plane of the bed and its upper edge should be compared. The bowstring will push out the pin.
- For arrows you need to make a special chute. The recess runs from the top hole of the lock to the front edge. The chute must be able to set a small depth of about a quarter of the boom.
- Then the time comes to process details. All the elements should go with sandpaper. Sometimes the details are covered in protein eggs, after dissolving it in water.
- Attach an arc in the groove, using a strong rope. Look for the castle. All items must completely fit to the mechanism was as strong as possible.
Your crossbow ready! It can be decorated to complement patterns, commemorative inscriptions. This bow you will be able to use yourself, to give someone as a gift, to make a bright interior detail.