How to read the product label
Photo: kris krüg
Those who follow the figure and health, nutritionists strongly recommend to pay attention to the nutritional value of food.
This information is now indicated on the labels of all food products, but do not force everyone to interpret it correctly.
That is why Lisa decided to spend for you a short briefing!
- The first thing to pay attention to the serving size, because it is meant for all of the following indicators. Do not forget – in one pack there may be several servings.
- Mindful of the fact that women should not consume more than 2000 calories a day. On this basis, the maximum calories snack – 200 calories per serving.
- The amount of saturated and TRANS fats, which increase bad cholesterol, should not exceed three grams.
- If you suffer from spikes in blood pressure, keep one portion of the product had not more than 500 milligrams of salt. The daily rate is 2300 milligrams.
- Buy only those cereal products, the composition of which is three to five grams of fiber. This is enough to get the daily rate (25-30 grams) of fiber.
- Experts still have not determined how much sugar can be consumed per day. So try to eat less sweets.
- The shorter the ingredients list, the healthier the product, as it contains less artificial additives. Always look at the first five positions of the composition of these components in the product the most.