How to replace a phone screen with their hands
The main working area of any modern smartphone is its touchscreen. The buttons on the body low, all the basic commands and operations we produce using the display. This means, if the smartphone screen is broken, it is either not comfortable or impossible.
The phone is no longer only a tool for communication, it is tightly integrated into our lives. It is a working tool, a toy, a tool for leisure, etc. Many people today would be difficult to imagine yourself without a smartphone, even for one day.
This means if a broken phone screen, we aim to replace it as quickly as possible. In this case we have two options – replace the screen yourself or contact a specialist. The first way will work if we have the theoretical and practical skills showdown of the smartphone. Similarly, it will be useful when you replace the charging port of the phone odessa-remont.com.ua/zamena-usb-razyoma-na-smartfone.
What is the screen of the smartphone?
Before carrying out work, you need to understand what we face during the replacement. This means that, when changing the screen, you need to know the composition of the screen as it works. So we understand what needs to be replaced and some understanding of the complexity of the process and costs time.
The screen of a modern smartphone consists of two main components:
The matrix is a panel with an array of pixels that form the image on the smartphone screen. Damage to this component makes replacement of the display maximum road. The matrix is covered with a layer of glass on the front side, the back is closed by a stainless steel casing.
Sensor – thin glass, which is superimposed on the matrix, it is sometimes called a touchscreen. Inner side is covered with a conductive material, it is transparent. This is the main working area at which contact occurs when working with the device.
It happens that both elements – sensor and touchscreen combined. So the main defense matrix is not glass on its front panel, and the sensor. If damaged, this glass will require a complete screen replacement with the sensor and the matrix.
The screen connects to the smartphone using loops. Their number can vary, typically from 1 to 4, they are located on the screen, you can see them is by disassembling the phone.
Damaged screen mobile may, under different circumstances, the degree of damage can also be different. Depends on what it is we will change one item or everything in the complex.
Why crashes the phone screen?
Damage to the screen of the smartphone is a nuisance that can be frustrating and make serious adjustments to our plans. Cause damage to the smartphone can be different reasons.
The main causes of damage to the screen of the smartphone:
- Mechanical damage – the smartphone fell on the floor or ground, the display crashed. The extent of damage will entirely depend on the case.
- Contact with water – a broken screen is not the only reason why you may need to replace it. If your smartphone is dropped in water or fill it with liquid, it can also cause damage to the screen and its further failure.
- Temperature difference – high temperature negatively affects the smartphone’s screen and may cause irreparable harm, and therefore need to be replaced.
These three causes often lead to the replacement of the screen. The failure can manifest itself in different ways. The screen can lose efficiency, color can be distorted, the screen may not turn on at all, the sensor might work, but the glass is broken, is cracked, or covered with a «cobweb».
In most cases, to use a smartphone in such conditions is not possible. In the most severe cases of damage the cost of replacing the screen in the service center may be slightly less than the cost of a new one of the same smartphone, so there is a reasonable desire to replace the screen with his hands.
Completely free to do this even with your hands does not work, because you will need to select and purchase a new screen that fits your phone model. This can be a brand screen from the manufacturer, preferably, or substitute from cheap (usually Chinese) manufacturer, which will save the budget, but the quality suffers.
How to disassemble the phone and replace the screen?
Replacement of the display on the phone is conducted according to a strict algorithm. Requires utmost care and accuracy in the execution of works, as any carelessness and oversight can lead to irreparable consequences.
How to replace the screen on your phone own hands:
1. You need to remove the back cover – in most modern smartphones back cover is not removable, it complicates the process. To open the case and disassemble it, you need to hook her in the coupling place a plastic card on and off. If not, you can slightly warm up the Hairdryer.
2. Take out the battery – it is glued, it is necessary to carefully pry from housing.
3. Remove the radio – disconnect all visible ribbon cables and Unscrew the mounting screws. Freeing the cost of the fasteners, remove it from the housing. Now we can see the screen from the back side is a plate of stainless steel, which is the enclosure of the back side of the matrix.
4. Recoverable screen, it rests on the glue, just pry off the module and get it by force would be wrong and too risky. Therefore take up the Hairdryer and heat it to about 80°C. Overheating is not worth it. After warming up, it is possible to easily remove the matrix, and sensor or everything in the complex.
5. We clean the hull – the remnants of the old adhesive will need to remove.
6. Installed new screen in place of the old – for this apply a small layer of fresh glue and mount the new screen. Carefully press it into place, and the excess glue came out. It should be wiped. Connected the necessary cables and give the glue to dry.
7. Collect the mobile in the reverse order – before sealing the housing back cover, you must start the mobile and check that the new screen works as expected.
If done correctly, the smartphone will work as worked before the damage. For disassembly, repair and Assembly reverse phone we used a minimal set of tools and instruments. It took us a plastic card, Hairdryer, screwdriver, glue, a new screen, microfiber cloth to remove excess adhesive.
By the way, YouTube is full of various kinds of disassembly for specific models of smartphones. So, before you begin dismantling your device, find the video that corresponds to the model of your smartphone and carefully learn it.
In some cases it is better to contact the service center to a specialist?
Having carefully reviewed the sequence of actions when you replace the screen on your smartphone, you may mistakenly assume that the whole procedure is extremely quick and simple. In fact, screen replacement, an inexperienced user can take up to hours if everything runs smoothly. But there can be concomitant difficulties that will be ready experienced master.
In some cases, a job best left to professionals?
- Not enough experience, you will probably rarely change screens on smartphones or even never did. Accordingly, views are only theoretical, or simply crave new experiences, which is commendable. However, in this case, you risk the future performance of the smartphone and if it is important to you, it is better to consult a specialist.
- Expensive smartphone – independent display replacement suitable for budget phones, because the cost of replacement at the service center can exceed the price tag of a new screen by almost half. In the case more or less expensive phones, the cost of replacing and the new part is sometimes the equivalent of buying a new screen in retail. It turns out that the service center usually purchases screens wholesale prices in this case are lower than a separate purchase.
- The risk of damaging other components when replacing the self-image of the screen means at hand of inexperienced users is a high risk to cause damage to other components of the smartphone. So the budget for repairs will increase or there will be a need to purchase a new smartphone.
- Lack of time – it would seem that the desire for theoretical knowledge and zero experience can be, but time (and maybe desire) are sorely lacking. In this case, to wait for a free day or free hours is impractical, it is better to contact the service center, a skilled craftsman will replace screen on time.
In fact, in overwhelmingly most cases, the work to replace the screen on the phone is better left to an experienced master.
In the end…
In the last few years has become a popular technology of frameless displays. Thanks to the screens of our smart phones have more buttons on them became less, the phone would look spectacular. However, the risk of damaging the display to break or fill with water, will not go away. Accordingly, the question is about replacing the screen with their hands or with the help of an experienced professional is still relevant.
It is worth noting that self-repair a damaged screen is possible. Even if no experience, is necessary to study the theoretical part to tread lightly and carefully. However, the consequences of such work is a big waste of time studying material and repair itself. In addition there is always the risk of errors, which will lead to more negative consequences.
If you are ready to risk mobile and its future performance, confidence in the success of the replacement of the screen with their hands not a lot, you should contact the service center will replace an experienced master.