OnePlus first smartphone from Nord for the world’s first AR presentation: middling for €399
As promised, OnePlus today unveiled its new smartphone average Nord. Its key difference from the current flagship of the company was the use of single-chip system Snapdragon processor instead of the Snapdragon 765G 865. But the cost of the Nord were much lower — the Junior version of the device will be available for only €399.
Presentation of the novelties was held in the framework of the first world AR-of the presentation (via a special app for Android and iOS). However, almost the whole effect of augmented reality at first has been reduced to the output of a virtual screen with a stream — very strange and uncomfortable approach.
But then the stream became much more interesting: in particular, the way in 3D flying inscriptions and products of the company (both past and, of course, Nord) — all to be closer (it is particularly interesting to look inside the apparatus during the demonstration «cuts»), just sliding the smartphone forward. Sometimes the stream is switched to the normal mode.
It is unlikely that such announcements in the future will be widely spread, but at least OnePlus managed to score this presentation. By the way, at the end of the broadcast OnePlus offered to unpack Nord in augmented reality using the same application.
Let’s start with the most interesting: the average Nord has received 6.44-inch flat OLED display with a resolution of 1080p and a refresh rate of 90 Hz, support 5G networks in the range below 6 GHz, rather capacious battery 4115 mAh with wireless charging Warp Charge 30T. A key simplification compared to the OnePlus 8 is the use of single-chip system Snapdragon 765G.
On the rear panel of the OnePlus Nord is located camera with 48-MP basic module with sensor Sony IMX586, 8-Megapixel wide angle sensor, 2-megapixel macromodules and 5-Megapixel depth sensor. Technically here on one module more than the OnePlus 8 (in which there is a separate depth sensor), but it can be useful only a basic and sometimes ultra-modules (by the way, the latest simplified — its resolution was less than half).
While OnePlus was integrated into Nord dual camera front: average 32-Megapixel module for selfies and an 8 MP wide angle camera. The latter can be useful when you want to play with a group of friends in one shot.
Nord will be available in blue and grey color options with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB of storage and will go on sale in EU for €399 (version 12/256 GB will cost €499). In Europe sales will begin August 4, but OnePlus is planning to implement the apparatus and through its own website from 31 July. While the device will be available in Europe and India, although promised a limited launch in the United States.
Main features of the phone:
- A 6.44-inch screen AMOLED Fluid with a frequency of 90 Hz, a resolution of 2400 ? 1080 and an aspect ratio of 20:9;
- rear camera: wide-angle 48-Megapixel IMX586 aperture of 1.75, optical and electronic stabilization and support for recording 4K/30p; extra wide 8-Megapixel module (119° f/2,25); 2-Megapixel macromodel f/2.4; and 5-MP sensor depth f/2.4;
- front camera: wide-angle 32-Megapixel IMX616 aperture of 2.45 and beautiful 8-Megapixel module (105° f/2,45);
- support for two SIM cards (nano + nano);
- size: 73,3 ? 158,3 ? 8.2 mm and weighs 184 grams;
- single chip system: 7-nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G (1 powerful core @2.4 GHz + 1 less powerful @2.2 GHz, 6 energy-efficient cores @1.8 GHz and graphics Adreno 620);
- 8 or 12 GB RAM LPDDR4X;
- 128 — or 256-GB high performance drive UFS 2.1;
- the battery 4115 mA·h;
- Android 10 with sheath OxygenOS 10.5;
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G, VoLTE, Wi-Fi, 6 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) 2?2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB C;
- Podebrady fingerprint sensor;
- high-speed wireless charging Warp Charge 30T (5V/6A).