SMARTtech: Fix problem connecting wireless headphones to your smartphone
How to use wireless headphones? When you need to get them from a charger box, put in your ear and the smartphone automatically transfers calls, music and notification sounds to the headphones. Everything seemed to be perfect, but problems arise, and the editors of the portal Smartphone.ua talk about them in this article and explain how to solve them.
Common problems with headphones without wires and Troubleshooting
- Cannot connect to the smartphone. If you are using a wireless headset-headset with support for Bluetooth and can’t connect it with your smartphone, enable the detection of new devices in the settings of your mobile gadget. Note that different models on Android and iOS it is located in different sections of the menu, but these mobile phones have the same technology of signal reception via the Bluetooth.
- Sound only works in one ear (right or left). This is one of the most common and simple mistakes. If you hear sound through only one ear, make sure that the second earphone is activated. Perhaps it is not powered on. Read the instructions and figure out how to enable it. Different models of inclusion are different. If the sound still only works in one ear, it is necessary to conduct the pairing of the right and left ear. Fully reset and establish communication with the smartphone again.
- Weak wireless connection. If you are using these wireless headphones, as AirPods, Redmi Airdots or similar and understand that your connection and the sound reception is weak, it may be due to the placement of the sound source. Make sure that your wireless device is within 10 meters from the wireless receiver to ensure the best chances of a reliable connection. The closer to the receiver your device is, the stronger the connection. From budget smartphones to get good reception can only be at the location in meter from each other of the source and receiver.
- The phone does not recognize headphones headset. If smart does not recognize wireless headphones, make sure they are not dead. This is a problem 50% of cases, as well, when the storage box is an extra battery. Bad, when the battery finishes charge.
- Echo. If you or the interviewee hear an echo during a call, due to the volume settings or faulty “ears.” To resolve this problem, first set the phone volume to half. If this does not solve the problem, check the volume of your wireless gadget. Most headphones this can be done by pressing the touchscreen or physical buttons. The problem persists – try using the app maker to update the firmware.