The announcement of the ASUS ROG Phone 3 — the best traditions of ROG now in two incarnations
ASUS introduced a new generation of gaming ROG series mobile Phone, which at this time is provided in two versions: standard and light weight Strix Edition.
The differences are only the network connectivity (from ROG Phone 3 a wider range) and svedka chipset and memory: Snapdragon 865+ with 16/512 GB of RAM in the maximum configuration and Snapdragon 865 in conjunction with 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of memory in «top», respectively. All the other virtues they have in common. It applies classical design with a symmetrical indentation (no cuts or holes), cooling system AeroCool 3 (includes increased six-fold against the background of the last generation of copper tape, recycled water cooling system, most of the graphite substrate and the metal frame), improved stereo speakers with a more powerful and clear sound (GameFX, also includes a dedicated gaming mode and calibration Dirac), ultrasonic Kuroki third generation (AirTrigger 3) with the possibility of using without games too.
Speaking about the technical equipment, must be highlighted and 144 Hz AMOLED display with Full HD resolution+ (ROG from Phone II was a 120 Hz panel) with peak luminance of 1000 nits and the touch sensor 270 Hz. The company also added a third camera in the main module: it now includes 64-Megapixel main sensor with Sony IMX686 video recording in the format of 8K, supplemented with 13-Megapixel sirecom with the capture angle of 125 degrees and a 5-Megapixel macro camera. Selfie here has a 24-Megapixel lens. Completes the picture of the battery, 6000 mAh with 30-watts of fast charging. Returning to the game features include an extra USB-C on the end which helps in simultaneous charging and playing. It is saved and when you connect your external cooler, ActiveCooling 3, and also displays additional minijack to the same end.
Updated ASUS and their gaming accessories, including a series of Kunai (includes the controller in several modes of use), TwinView Dock and other docks, as well as a series of cases (now they are available with a backlight in addition to the easy bumper included). Cost ROG Phone 3 in Europe amounted to 999 and 1099 euros for the version 12 and 16 GB RAM with 512 GB ROM. Version Phone 3 ROG Strix Edition 8/256 GB will be sold for 799 euros. Sales will begin soon.
Technical specifications ASUS ROG and ROG Phone 3 Phone 3 Strix Edition:
- Network: GSM/GPRS/EDGE (900/1800/1900 MHz), WCDMA/HSPA (900/2100 MHz), FDD-LTE, TD-SCDMA, TD-LTE, 5G
- Platform (at the time of announcement): Android 10, firmware ROG UI
- Display: of 6.59”, 19,5:9, 2340 x 1080 pixels, 391 ppi,144 Hz (1 MS) 240 Hz tach-sensor, 650/1000 neath, 113% DCI-P3, HDR10+, AMOLED, Gorilla glass 6
- Camera: triple
- Main: 64 MP, Sony IMX686, f/1.8, 1/1,7″ night mode, PDAF, video recording in the format of 8K
- Wide angle: 13 MP, f/2.4 angle 125 degree
- Macro: 5 MP, f/2.0
- Front camera: 24 MP, 0.9 ám (Quad Bayer), f/2.0, video recording in 1080p
- CPU: 8 cores, up to 3.1 GHz, 7 nm, 64 bit, Snapdragon 865+ | 8 cores up to 2.84 GHz, 7 nm, 64 bit, Snapdragon 865
- Graphics chip: Adreno 650
- RAM: 12/16 GB LPDDR5 | 8/12 GB LPDDR5
- Internal memory: 128/256 / 512GB 3.1 UFS | UFS 128/256 GB 3.1
- Memory card: no
- GPS and GLONASS
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac,/ax), 2×2 MIMO
- 5.1 Bluetooth LE
- USB Type-C 3.1
- Two Nano-SIM slot
- Accelerometer, geomagnetic sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, barometer, Hall sensor, finger print scanner in the screen
- Stereo speakers with amplifier NXP TFA9874
- Battery: 6000 mAh, fast charging 30W
- Dimensions: 171 x 78 x 9.85 mm
- Weight: 240 g