The announcement of the iPad Pro 2018 — narrow frame, magnetic Apple Pencil and Face ID
Apple introduced perhaps the most massive update of the iPad. Were changed almost all the key parameters of the device: design, performance, display, data protection and so on.
The range consists of two models iPad Pro, iPad Pro 11 and 12.9. Both received the most narrow frame, lowered to 5.9 mm thickness, Liquid Retina display (like iPhone XR) corresponding to the diagonal with ProMotion 120 Hz and TrueTone, Face ID (now works in landscape mode) and the new Apple Pencil with magnetic connector for wireless charging and fast pairing, and the ability to change tools while drawing a double tap of the touch region. In addition to the Face ID, the new iPad Pro has inherited from iPhone XS gesture control, a mode «Portrait» and «Portrait lighting» frontalka, the rejection of the 3.5 mm audio connector. Preserved four speakers.
iPad Pro 2018 built on a 7-nm chipset А12Х Bionic. The claimed 90% increase in CPU and doubling of GPU performance (Apple claims that the iPad will produce graphics like the Xbox One) and overall performance that exceeds 92%, the average mobile PC. The amount of internal storage increased to 1TB, replaced by the Lightning connector to USB C to output a 5K image, and even to charge your iPhone.
Itself iPad Pro 2018 is charged by the charging unit 18W. A separate block of presentations focused on the recent announcement of a full version of Photoshop for iPad: Adobe representatives showed how it works and what masterpieces you can create using an iPad, Photoshop and augmented reality.
A graphical editor will be available for the iPad Pro next year. Office can be expanded with a new cover-Smart Keyboard Folio.
iPad Pro 11 will be available at a price of $799/949/1149/1549 (+$150 for the LTE module) depending on the amount of memory starting from 7 November, while the iPad Pro 12.9 will be offered at a price of $999/1149/1349/1749. Available color — gray and silver.
Technical specifications Apple iPad 11 Pro and iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd gen):
- Network: GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), UMTS/HSPA (850/900/1700-2100/1900/2100 MHz), LTE (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)
- Platform (at the time of announcement): iOS 12.1
- Display: 11”, 2388 x 1688 pixels, 264 ppi, 600 nits, ProMotion 120 Hz, True Tone, Liquid Retina IPS | 12,9″, 2732 x 2048 pixels, 264 ppi, 600 nits, ProMotion 120 Hz, TrueTone, Liquid Retina IPS
- Camera: 12 MP, autofocus, touchfocus, Quad LED flash, f/1.8, geotagging, HDR Smart, LivePhotos, recording 4K@60fps Full HD video at 1080p@60fps, face detection, stabilization, Slo-mo video in 720p resolution@240fps
- Front camera: 7 MP, autofocus, touchfocus, Retina flash, f/2.2, Portrait mode, Portrait lighting, Smart HDR, Face ID
- CPU: 6 cores, 7 nm, Apple А12Х Bionic, accessory M12, NPU
- Built-in memory: 64/256/512 GB/1 TB
- Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), HT80 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB C
- GPS and GLONASS (Wi-Fi+ Cellular)
- nanoSIM (Wi-Fi+Cellular)
- Battery: non-removable,
- Size: 247,6 x 178,5 x 5.9 mm | 280,6 x 214,9 x 5.9 mm
- Weight (Wi-Fi/LTE): 468 g | g 631/633