The flagship Sony Xperia 5 — a more compact version of Xperia 1
In recent years, the flagship smartphones Sony has always evoke a mixed impression, especially in the area of the built-in cameras. But with the release of Xperia 1, it seems that this trend began to change.
And at IFA in 2019, the Japanese company unveiled, as expected, a smaller version of this unit under the name Xperia 5 (as Sony chooses the names is a mystery). The main innovation — a decrease in diagonal screen from 6.5 inches to 6.1 inches (aspect ratio 21:9 saved, but the resolution is slightly reduced to 2520 ? 1644).
Because of this width has decreased from 72 mm to 68 mm (Sony says that it is optimal to hold in the hand), 11 % decrease in the volume of the device and it was 14 grams lighter. The basis still lies SOC Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 with eight CPU cores and Adreno graphics 640. RAM drive and the whole camera subsystem is also left unchanged.
Features Xperia 5 is nearly the same specifications of Xperia 1:
- the display is 6.1 inches, the HDR OLED, 2520 ? 1644 pixels (21:9), 643 ppi, protective glass Corning Gorilla Glass 6;
- chip Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 with eight CPU cores (1 ? Kryo 485 Gold, the frequency of 2.84 GHz + 3 ? Kryo 485 Gold, frequency of 2.42 GHz + 4 ? Kryo 485 Silver, 1.8 GHz) and Adreno graphics 640.
- 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage, has support for memory cards microSD up to 512 GB;
- supports two nano-SIM (instead of one of them can be installed microSD card);
- USB Type-C to USB 3.1;
- 5CA LTE Cat 19, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (4?4 MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC;
- GPS (dual band), A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo;
- light sensors, proximity, accelerometer/gyroscope, barometer, magnetometer (digital compass), the sensor of the color spectrum;
- the fingerprint scanner on the side face;
- triple module main camera (telephoto, and wide angle, main camera): 12 + 12 + 12 MP, ?/1,6 + ?/2,4 + ?/2,4, phase detection autofocus, led flash, optical stabilization patisia mostly lenses;
- front camera 8 MP, ?/2, fixed focus, no flash;
- removable battery 3140 mA·h;
- protection of the hull against water and dust IP65/IP68;
- the Android operating system 9.0 Pie;
- 158 ? 68 ? 8.2 mm and weighs 164 grams.
In General, the Sony Xperia 5 should appeal to those who liked the flagship Xperia 1, but I would like something a little more compact. The device is available in black, gray, blue and red colours.