The protein Atkins diet: pros and cons
Chose for weight loss the Atkins diet or any other system of protein food? Let’s weigh all the «pros» and «cons»!
Looking for the pros
- Thanks to the protein diet, the excess weight melts easy on the eyes.
- Sitting on the protein diet, you won’t feel hungry, after all, her menu includes quite hearty foods – meat, cheese, and chicken.
- With this diet, you can replenish the proteins that are lacking in the diets of most people.
Read also: the Grape diet: how to lose weight 3 kg in 5 days
Cons of protein diet
- Without carbohydrates the body will not be able to perform several important processes, for example, keep you warm and maintain brain activity.
- Without the required amount of fat will not absorb certain vitamins, among which vitamin a valuable and no less important, vitamin D.
- Protein, according to the latest medical research, reduces the efficiency of the kidneys.
Read also: BUTCH-diet. Eating habits (video)
Having carefully considered the above arguments, we can conclude that the protein diet can be a good start for those who want to lose weight.
However to adhere to such a diet permanently just not worth it. It would be better if after some «protein shakes» you will go to a balanced diet in which two-thirds of the diet is whole grains, fresh vegetables and of course fruit.
Diet for a flat stomach
A diet that cleanses the body